Phillips Academy, Andover, MA / West Dorm
22,000 SF (20,000 Renovation, 2,000 New)
ARC transformed Andover’s old Isham Infirmary into a new appealing residence hall for both students and faculty. The new facility, rebranded as “West Dorm”, includes 29 student beds and 3 faculty apartments. The 1934 building required a major renovation in order transform both the physical and aesthetic qualities of the building within the shell of the historic brick wall and slate roof structure. Small additions create new entries for faculty apartments and also replace the original ambulance drop-off area with a welcoming student entry that is connected to the campus paths.